This week hasn't been anything but HOT! We haven't been able to get in the pool because of Mills' cast so we've really been stir crazy. Giulianna painted outside one day this week but it was so hot she was dripping with sweat. She was enjoying herself so much that I don't think she cared. Since I haven't had much going on this week I have been able to focus my attention on Giulianna's first day of school and what she is going to wear! So petty, I realize, but it is hard to resist. I can not sew. Let me say this first and foremost, but luckily for me, my Mom and my Grandma do. Since I have not been able to find what I was wanting for the big day, I decided to have my Mom make a jumper/short set for G's first day. Lets face it, in Alabama we can't wear fall clothes until half way through October, so shorts will have to do until then. Here is the McCall's pattern that we are using. We are shortening the shorts and adding a ruffle and also lengthening the top to make it more jumper length. I chose a cornflower blue fabric and we are adding extra large red rick rack on the bottom of the jumper and above the ruffle on the shorts. Her monogram in red will complete the ensemble. I thought the blue and red combo screamed Back to School!
I'll post a pic when its finished.
I really need to learn to sew... There is an awful lot of cute fabric at Hobby Lobby.
Just in case you didn't know... "Fitty" means "Outfitted"on the street these days.
I'm just hip like that.
OMG! I have already been planning Jane Baird's back to school outfit too! Its going to be blue with a red w/white polka dot ruffle and hopefully appliqued with a big apple. I totally get that its a big deal :) I can't wait to see what Mills' looks like. You should learn to sew! I've taken a break from it, but need to get back to it b/c school starts for me on the 3rd of August and the 4th for Jane Baird :(
ReplyDeleteGreat minds think alike!! You have to post your pics when you're done!! Have you ever heard of LaJenns clothes? Look them up on facebook! I think I am going to make a couple of those jumpers as well.
ReplyDeleteYes! I love La Jenns. I've been trying to find a pattern that closely resembles that style (their romper/overalls). I created my own pattern and its close, but not quite. I thought about buying an outfit and taking it apart and tracing the pieces. I've found some really cool Michael Miller fabrics at Fabric.com My stash of fabric is piling up! I said I wasn't going to do that!
ReplyDelete