Tuesday, August 17, 2010

That first week is a DOOZY!

Giulianna's first week of preschool is behind us.  She had the best week ever and loves making new friends.  Unfortunately, with this new endeavor, we didn't escape unscathed.  Because Giulianna has never been in any type of organized childcare we have never been exposed to the germs that are creeping around inside the school and as it turns out, those little buggers are fierce and ready to pounce!  Giulianna hopped in the car last Wednesday and I noticed a scrape under her right arm.  I immediately held her arm up over her head and ask if she fell down today.  She said "Yeah"  like it was nothing.  And she was right, it usually is nothing, but not today.   No, Giulianna's little scrape from the playground was an entry way for a million little germs that she had never had before.  So fast forward to Saturday when Giulianna woke from her afternoon nap.  She comes in my bedroom and lays down beside me on the bed and immediately says "My arm hurts".  I was not prepared for what I saw when I raised her arm this time.  Giulianna was completely covered in a rash that started at the spot where the scrape was and spread down her torso along her right side.  The rash was really big where it started and speckled down to smaller spots.   Oh my Gosh.  What has happened?  I had no idea what it could be and this looked bad. After a trip to Urgent Care we found out she has a contact dermatitis which is a huge allergic reaction to something.  Poison Ivy is considered Contact Dermatitis.   So hopefully after a few days it will clear up and she will be good to go.  BUT Good Gracious!  I wasn't prepared for that!  I thought we would get sick our first year with fevers and viruses but I've never seen such!  This year is going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.