Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mills says the darndest things....

Mills is such a funny two year old!  I don't even think she realizes how funny she is but I do know that she likes the laughs.  So, if I had to predict things today, I would say that Mills is going to be the funny one...  Case in point:  Last night we were getting ready for their bath.  Giulianna was already in the tub and I was having to chase Mills down to get her out of her clothes.  Mills was having a terrible time taking off her own dress, it was long sleeved and even though she has gotten good at taking off shirts, dresses are a bit more complicated.  She won't let me touch her, or come near her for that matter...or she completely looses it and starts running from me with her head stuck halfway down the neck of her dress.  I convince her that I will sit on the coffee table and just talk her through it and she agrees without saying a word.  She has climbed on the couch, crying with frustration so even she realizes the hand she's been dealt. I talk her through pulling her arms up through the sleeve one at a time and she is super proud when she gets to the point that she can pull it down and off by herself.    The smile on her face was priceless! Beaming with pride!!  I'm pretty glad its done too.. (WoW, that was stressful)... Then she looks up at me, while taking her leggins' off and says "Don't tell Daddy I gettin' nakid... or I will freak out."  ...pause... "for real".   I MEAN, seriously.... What ???  Funniest thing ever...

1 comment:

  1. awww.... aren't they so funny??? not as funny, but equally as surprising, giles finished a request to me with, "am I clear?" --- which clearly is something i ask him far too often! lol

    ReplyDelete

.